The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects and using its learning and experience to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and internal entities.
Based on the expansion of our activities, CE SAIN is looking for dynamic and passionate professionals to join our team in a position as follow:
Terms of Reference (ToR): Agricultural Extension Officer (2 posts)
Position Title: Agricultural Extension Officer
Location: CE SAIN target sites (Preah Vihear, Mondulkiri)
Reporting: Provincial Agricultural Coordinator and Program Manager
Salary range: Commensurate with degree and experience ($450 to $600/month)
Contract: Probationary period of three months; yearly contracts based on performance.
Summary: The Agricultural Extension Officer (AEO) will directly work with farmers, producers and private sector related to agriculture and food security to aid these groups to make better decisions to increase agricultural production. AEO is constantly armed with the latest sustainable agricultural intensification and nutrition (SAIN) practices and information related to be relayed to farmers and agricultural business. AEO will support the development of mechanisms to encourage farmers and producers to adopt SAIN technologies and innovations using a variety of methods.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Provincial Agricultural Coordinator in collecting and analyzing data and identifying proper interventions for households in the local communities.
- Develop an action plan to carry out the interventions to improve agricultural productivity and market system.
- Organize trainings, exposure visits and farm field days for the beneficiaries in the local communities and Agricultural Technology Park (ATP) to promote sustainable agricultural intensification and nutrition (SAIN) practices and innovations.
- Provide agricultural extension and services to farmers on a regular basis as per the work plan.
- Train farmers for keeping records for their crops and animals and monitor the practices.
- Support farmers to develop agribusiness plan, to build linkages with buyers, service providers and marketing platforms and to establish viable independent businesses.
- Assist Provincial Agricultural Coordinator in developing technical leaflets, technical manuals and other extension materials of SAIN practices and innovations.
- Research and strategize for more SAIN extension models and practices with farmers.
- Maintain networks of collaboration with technical specialists to gather information and promote awareness of SAIN in the extension system.
- Perform other related tasks as requested.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- At least bachelor’s degree in agriculture related fields.
- Good understanding of SAIN management practices and innovations
- Experience working with agricultural extension entities or projects.
- At least 2 years of relevant, professional experience in roles with similar responsibilities.
- Knowledge of agricultural extension models
- Good interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and time management skills
- Good communication skills both oral and written (English and Khmer).
- Prior working experience with the farm communities.
Experience working with private sector or supporting donor-funded projects as Agricultural Extension Officer, Community Development Officer or similar positions