The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects and using its learning and experience to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security, and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through a partnership with national and internal entities.
Based on the expansion of our activities, CE SAIN is looking for dynamic and passionate professionals to join our team in a position as follow:
Terms of Reference (ToR): Provincial Agricultural Coordinator (1 post)
Position Title: Provincial Agricultural Coordinator
Location: Kampong Thom Province
Reporting: Program Manager and Agricultural Technical Advisor
Salary range: Commensurate with degree and experience ($550 to $800/month).
Contract: Probationary period of three months; yearly contracts based on performance.
Summary: The Provincial Agricultural Coordinator (PAC) is responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Agricultural Technology Park (ATP) and outreach activities in the respective provinces. PAC leads all farm research, demonstration, and outreach activities and maintains the CE SAIN model farms and good relationships with implementing partners and beneficiaries in the local communities. PAC also helps with the fairs, workshops, field visits, and technical training.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategy and approach to implement activities with subordinate staff.
- Interact with provincial key stakeholders to make sure the activity implementation to be synergized and harmonized.
- Provide technical support and supervise subordinate staff and beneficiaries for demonstration and outreach activities in the Agricultural Technology Park (ATP) and local communities
- Establish and maintain model farms in the ATP.
- Lead the organization of meetings, workshops, field days, training, and other events.
- Provide technical review and support to develop tools for the design and implementation of activities in ATP and the local communities.
- Prepare documents and log day-to-day activities in the ATP and support the development and review of more agricultural technologies and innovations and bring them to ATP.
- Organize regular field monitoring and spot check to ensure the quality of activity implementation in the local communities.
- Provide advice to Agricultural Extension Officer and Interns to improve the quality of implementation once the weakness is found.
- Maintain networks of collaboration with technical specialists to gather information and promote awareness to improve sustainable agricultural intensification and nutrition (SAIN) extension, models.
- Keep communicating with the Program Manager and Agricultural Technical Advisor to update activity progress, sensitive challenges, and project revision.
- Perform other related tasks as requested.
Minimum Required Qualification/Skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in agriculture-related fields.
- Good understanding of SAIN management practices and innovations
- Experience in on-farm operations and maintenance of farm equipment and tools.
- At least 2 years of relevant, professional experience in roles with similar responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, and time management skills
- Good communication skills both oral and written (English and Khmer).
- Prior experience (at least three years) as Farm Manager or Provincial Agricultural Coordinator or similar positions at private or public sector or NGOs.
- Linkage and working experience with farm communities and private sector.
- Good understanding of project coordination and management
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter referring to the position applied by the closing date below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Closing date: December 23, 2021.
|Type of Employment||Full-time|