The Center of Excellence Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) founded by Royal
University of Agriculture (RUA), a leading agricultural university in Cambodia, in partnership with Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab (SIIL) at Kansas State University. CE SAIN aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. To fulfil our goal, CE SAIN partners with several national and international entities (public and private sector and NGOs) to implement our activities in several provinces in Cambodia through various funding sources. CE SAIN is currently seeking a full-time (1) Agricultural Officer
Position Title: Agricultural Officer (AO)
Location: Royal University of Agriculture (Phnom Penh) with travel to provinces
Reporting: Program Manager
Salary range: Commensurate with degree and experience ($450-$600/month)
Summary: The Agricultural Officer is responsible for facilitating relevant activities, supervising
workers, interns, developing water irrigation systems, leading product harvesting, selling plans, and working with the Provincial Agricultural Coordinator (PAC) to generate the report and progress to the Program Manager and Agricultural Technical Manager. The AO also serves as local logistic arrangement, organizing training, meeting, workshop, and hosting field visits per requested.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Support workers and interns to conduct the field activities and solve technical problems occurred the ATP.
- Attend annual meetings, developing and implementing harvesting plans.
- Repair bed, water irrigation system makes sure farm’s environment well managed
- Work with PAC to keep relevant records (technical data, harvesting, asset inventory, etc…)
- Maintain Farm’s equipment, materials requesting disposal if need.
- Work with PAC to facilitate meeting, workshop, training host field visits if any
- Act as a local administrator (purchase material, equipment, and participating procurement process).
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to discuss ATP-work plan, challenges lessons learned.
- Work with PAC to prepare monthly and weekly work plans.
- Engage partner institutions to promote the transfer of agricultural technologies
- Work closely with PAC in developing technical leaflets, technical manuals, and other extension materials of Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (SAIN) practices and innovations.
- Develop an action plan to carry out the interventions to improve agricultural productivity
- Implementing other tasks assigned by the center
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related field
- Knowledge about agriculture sector Cambodia
- Current previous Intern students CE SAIN encouraged to apply for this position.
- At least one-two experiences relevant roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and team player.
- Good coordination facilitation skill
- Good computer skills, photographic skills, and good oral presentations.
- Good English language and native Khmer speaker.
- Good managerial and ability to multi-task meet deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter referring to the position to CE SAIN via email@example.com by December 06, 2021.
For further information, please contact us via 023-6365-226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CE SAIN would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
* Closing date: December 06, 2021
|Type of Employment||Full-time|