Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and international entities.
Terms of Reference (ToR): Agricultural Technical Assistant
Position Title : Agricultural Technical Assistant
Location : Mondulkiri province
Reporting : Provincial Agricultural Coordinator
Citizenship : Cambodian
Salary Range : Commensurate with degree and experience (300$ – 450$/month).
Contract : Probationary period for three months and yearly contract based on performance.
Agricultural Technical Assistant (ATA) is responsible for supporting day-to-day operations of the Agricultural Technology Parks (ATP) in the respective province. The ATA works closely with the Provincial Agricultural Coordinator to supervise agricultural interns and labors, support the establishment and maintenance sustainable agricultural intensification and nutrition (SAIN) technology demonstration at the ATP, and collect information to generate the reports for submission to the Agricultural Technical Manager. The ATA also serves as local logistic arrangement, organizing trainings, meetings, and workshops, and hosting field visits.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Main Responsibility 1: Supervise agricultural interns and labors for day-to-day activity implementation at ATP
- Work with PAC to develop weekly and monthly work plan for agricultural interns and labors
- Monitor the activities of interns and labors on daily basis to ensure the effective and efficient implementation
- Identify the challenges encountered by the interns and discuss with PAC and Traineeship Assistant to find out the solutions in response to the needs
- Main Responsibility 2: Support the establishment and maintenance of SAIN technology demonstration at ATP
- Lead in the establishment and maintenance of SAIN technologies demonstration including crop production, irrigation system installation, animal husbandry, and aquaculture.
- Maintain farm equipment and weather station to ensure proper management
- Conduct and keep the relevant data records including cropping calendar, farm inputs, harvests and asset inventory.
- Main Responsibility 3: arrange the logistics and organize trainings, meetings, and workshops, and hosting field visits
- Act as a local administrator in purchasing the materials, equipment, and participating in the procurement process
- Support in organizing the trainings, meetings, workshops, and field visits conducted at the ATP
- Support PAC to prepare the monthly work plan and report
- Attend the weekly and monthly meetings to discuss work plan, challenges and lesson learnt
- Implement other tasks assigned by the center
Minimum Required Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Animal Sciences or related fields
- At least one year experience serving as farm assistant or proven internship program, or relevant roles.
- Experience in record keeping skills
- Good computer, photographic and oral presentation skills.
- Good English language is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal communication and time management skills
- Good knowledge about SAIN practices in Cambodia
- Commitment: Commits to the job and puts in effort to meet deadlines.
- Willing to Learn: Able to profit by experience and learn from mistakes.
- Stress Management: Ability to control stress through reacts positively to pressure and handles extra workloads competently.
- Team Work: Works well as a team player and contributes to team spirit and Works collaboratively and respectively with colleagues and team.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communication effectively and interact very well across the organization, stakeholders, and others.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate ideas and expressions well, whether spoken or written.
- Integrity: Displays honesty, trustworthiness, sense of duty and dependability
- Problem Solving: Ability to find better resolutions for any key issues, disagreement, and conflict.