The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and international entities.
Terms of Reference (ToR): Aquaculture Intern
Project Title (If applicable): Commercialization of Aquaculture for Sustainable Trade (CAST)
Position Title: Aquaculture Intern
Location: Four in RUA, Four part-time in Battambang, and one in Kampong Thom
Reporting: Aquaculture Technical Officer
Salary Range: 200 US dollar per month
Contract: 9 months contract (01 October 2022 to 30 June 2023)
Summary (Purpose and overall roles):
She/he will act as an intern to gain experience and participate in all activities of the CAST project in each of Aquaculture Farm site at RUA, Kampong Thom and Battambang Provinces.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Have to work full time (40 hours per week), but can be flexible according to job requirements
- Interns will be under the direct supervision of Aquaculture Technical Officer
- Must participate in technical practices such as farm plan development, pond preparation, water quality monitoring, fish feeding, feed management, fish handling and sampling, pond management, fish health management and data record
- Make a monthly or weekly action plan and report, and submit it to the Aquaculture Technical Officer
- Participate in welcoming guests, students, farmers and researchers who came to study at CAST project site
- Require to spend 3 months with Private Farms or Companies related to Aquaculture according to arrangement of the project.
- Require to report activities and problems encountered in their work activities to line supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualification
- Students who freshly graduated or fourth year with a bachelor’s degree in fisheries or other related fields at various universities.
- Have a communicative level of English (possibly speaking and writing)
- Have a good national language (good at writing and speaking)
- Have a basic knowledge related to aquaculture.
- Commitment: Commits to the job and puts in effort to meet deadlines.
- Willing to Learn: Able to profit by experience and learn from mistakes.
- Stress Management: Ability to control stress through reacts positively to pressure and handles extra workloads competently.
- Team Work: Works well as a team player and contributes to team spirit and Works collaboratively and respectively with colleagues and team.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communication effectively and interact very well across the organization, stakeholders, and others.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate ideas and expressions well, whether spoken or written.
- Integrity: Displays honesty, trustworthiness, sense of duty and dependability
- Problem Solving: Ability to find better resolutions for any key issues, disagreement, and conflict
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter referring the position applied by closing date below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact us via 023-6365-226 or email@example.com
CE SAIN would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
* Closing date: September 22, 2022
|Type of Employment||Full-time|