The Center of Excellence Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) founded by Royal University of Agriculture (RUA), a leading agricultural university in Cambodia, in partnership with Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab (SIIL) at Kansas State University. CE SAIN aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. To fulfil our goal, CE SAIN partners with several national and international entities (public and private sector and NGOs) to implement our activities in several provinces in Cambodia through various funding sources.
CE SAIN is currently seeking 6 full-time Aquaculture Interns.
Job Title : Aquaculture Intern (CAST/CE SAIN Project)
Internship Duration : 6 months and can be extended 3 months as mutual agreement
Directly report to : Aquaculture Technician
Incentive : 200 USD/month
Work Location : Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, 6 positions
Summary: She/he will act as an intern to gain experience and participate in all activities of the CAST project in each of Aquaculture Farm site at RUA, Kampong Thom and Battambang Province.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Have to work full time (40 hours per week), but can be flexible according to job requirements
- Interns will be under the direct supervision of aquaculture technicians
- Must participate in technical practices such as farm plan development, pond preparation, water quality monitoring, fish feeding, feed management, fish handling and sampling, pond management, fish health management and data record
- Make a monthly or weekly action plan and submit it to the aquaculture technician
- Participate in welcoming guests, students, farmers and researchers who came to study at CAST project site
- Require to spend 3 months with Private Farms or Companies related to Aquaculture according to arrangement of the project.
- Require to report activities and problems encountered in their work activities to aquaculture technicians
- Students who are studying in the third year, fourth year or just graduated with a bachelor’s degree in agriculture or aquaculture at various universities.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- Have a reasonable level of English (can speak and write)
- Have a good national language (Good writing and speaking)
- Have knowledge related to agriculture and aquaculture
- High willingness to participate in internship
- Patience and perseverance in work
- Have good ethics
- Good communication and teamwork
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter referring the position applied by closing date below to email@example.com.
For further information, please contact us via 023-6365-226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CE SAIN would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.