The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects and using its learning and experience to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and internal entities.
Based on the expansion of our activities, CE SAIN is looking for dynamic and passionate professionals to join our team in a position as follow:
Terms of Reference (ToR): Aquaculture Project Coordinator (1 Position)
Position Title: Aquaculture Project Coordinator
Location: Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh with travels to project sites
(Battambang and Kampong Thom)
Reporting: Program Manager
Salary range: Commensurate with degree and experience ($900 to $1,200/month).
Contract: Probationary period of three months; yearly contracts based on performance.
Summary: S/he will be one of the leadership team members of CE SAIN in Cambodia. S/he will undertake overall responsibilities of project activities, planning, monitoring, coordination and collaboration, reporting and communications including supervising three aquaculture technicians and matrix management to one administrative and accounting officer. S/he will be the focus point person who communicates with ASA and USDA.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Aquaculture Technicians and provide support for the implementation of project activities in the project sites.
- Organize and attend stakeholder meetings and distribute minutes to the management team.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Coordinate activities of the project and serve as primary point of contact for information about the project.
- Develop project strategies, assesses project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Manage communications with local and national partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, budget and expenditures and ensure they meets the objectives and goals of the project.
- Synthesize information and prepare reports for CE SAIN and donor.
- Understand the USDA and SIIL requirements.
- Support the project team in the development of questionnaires, tools and methodologies for field survey, baseline data collection, mid-term review and final evaluation process.
- Work with the Communication Officer to produce successful stories, articles and relevant materials.
- Implement other tasks assigned by CE SAIN.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Cambodian national with bachelor’s or master’s degree in management or other related fields.
- Minimum two to three year experiences in relevant roles.
- Good Knowledge of USDA M&E System, Feed the Future System and Piestar System is a plus.
- Proven track records in the field of data collection, field survey and management of project data both secondary and project outcome data.
- Knowledge of aquaculture sector in Cambodia
- Good management and ability to handle multi-tasks with a very tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Good computer literacy, especially on MS. Excel, SPSS and other data management packages.
- Two years of post higher degree experience.
- Experience of working in aquaculture program management.