The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects and using its learning and experience to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and internal entities.
Based on the expansion of our activities, CE SAIN is looking for dynamic and passionate professionals to join our team in a position as follow:
Terms of Reference (ToR): Aquaculture Technical Officer (2 posts)
Position Title: Aquaculture Technical Officer
Location: 2 positions (One in Phnom Penh and one in Kampong Thom Province)
Reporting: Aquaculture Project Coordinator
Salary range: Commensurate with degree and experience ($400 to $600/month).
Contract: Probationary period of three months; yearly contracts based on performance.
Summary: S/he will be the caretaker of the fish pond at CE SAIN Agricultural Technology Park and provide technical support to farmers and relevant stakeholders. S/he will help the Project Coordinator, administrative and accounting officer on logistics, and leading in the organization of trainings, field days, meetings and workshops at the provinces.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Caretaker of aquaculture facility in the project site.
- Establish and make regular facility inspections to maintain the proper aquaculture demonstration and research activities for the project.
- Manage fish health and welfare throughout all tasks.
- Document and log day-to-day activities.
- Lead in organization of meetings, trainings, workshops for CAST project.
- Proper maintain calendar of the all events at the aquaculture pond.
- Communicate activities at the fishpond to CAST Project Coordinator.
- Distribute communication materials provided by the project to farmers and visitors.
- Attend weekly and monthly meeting and share project progress to the field team.
- Be a focal person for CAST project and manage good communication with local
- authorities and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for budget expenditure for CAST project in the respective province.
- Work with administrative and accounting officer to manage the procurement process
- Register and dispose project’s asset and inventory as required by CE SAIN policy.
- Examine the M & E tools in order to effective collection of field data and update it accordingly
- Synthesize information; write successful stories and preparing report to line manager.
- Implement other tasks assigned by Aquaculture Project Coordinator.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree Fisheries, Aquaculture and related fields.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of aquaculture facility.
- Hands on experience with all fish pond operations
- Good organizational and book keeping skills.
- Knowledge about agriculture sector in Cambodia
- Good management and ability to handle multi-tasks with a very tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy, especially on MS. Excel, SPSS and other data management packages.
- Prior experience as Aquaculture Technician at private company or public sector
- Linkage and working with aquaculture farm communities and private sector
- Experience working with local NGO, Agriculture Cooperative or Farmer union.
- Presentation and facilitation skill.
- Speaking and writing skills in English.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter referring the position applied by closing date below to email@example.com.
Closing date: August 19, 2022.
|Type of Employment