The Center of Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN)
aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and
public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing
focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the
Royal University of Agriculture (RUA) and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative
Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from
USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects to capture best
management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security,
and nutrition as well as engage with the private sector to promote agricultural
entrepreneurship through a partnership with national and international entities.
SAIN is now recruiting an experienced and talented consultant national or expat to
conduct a research analysis on the business and marketing plan of Go Native App in
terms of the operating activities in Cambodia
Terms of Reference (ToR): Developing Business and Marketing Plan of Go
LPosition Title: Consultancy on Developing Business and Marketing Plan of Go
Location: Phnom Penh (Royal University of Agriculture with travel to provinces)
Reporting: Provincial Agricultural Coordinator and Program Manager
Citizenship: Cambodia or expat
Summary: CE SAIN through RUA is partnering with Go Native International aim to
implement the Go Native App for the Cambodia market which should be started for local
beneficiaries of smallholder farmers, service providers, and suppliers, enabling them to sell
direct via the App. The Go Native App is the software through Android or IOS that is open
for everyone enables to access within their smartphone or computer in order to place an
order of food and vegetable products. Recently CE SAIN received the support to use 100%
franchise fee for Go Native App to implement the system in the Kingdom of Cambodia. This
project’s goal is to design and implement as a pilot project in the initial phase to apply to
local farmers in Cambodia, and enable increasing the amount of food produced by small
local farmers while providing the highest quality products to the consumer at the best price
and ensuring that the farmer gets the best price for their products that place into this Go
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
– Conduct research analysis for Go Native App in terms of business operation in
connecting with CE SAIN’s Agricultural Technical Parks – ATPs (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap,
and Battambang) and community and farmers around the site.
– Describe the business model, including marketing strategy
– Define the market and the potential customers
– Conduct SWOT analysis, market share, target customer, competitor, and business
position for app’s business plan.
– Develop the market strategies and promotional materials for brand awareness and app
performance by connecting with the farmers at the target site of the ATPs
– Structure the Go Native App, operation components, working flow, and responsible
– Determine the delivery operation and activities plan to boost the effective delivery work
from merchants to target consumers.
– Estimate budget and other expenses for app implementation in the first 2 years
– Develop the final business and marketing plan proposal for the Go Native App
– Perform other related tasks as requested.
– Preparatory activities by reviewing all relevant project documents and materials;
and consultation with CE SAIN team, and other relevant stakeholders.
– Situation analysis including travel if necessary
– Write the plan including a final draft of the business and marketing plan
– Final review and presentation of business and marketing plan for Go Native App
operating in Cambodia.
Minimum Required Qualification
– Proven experience as a business consultant, mobile app development, or
– Prototype Software experience for mobile developments
– Working experience within multicultural teams and international organizations or
– Excellent communication skills, oral, written, and presenting the proposal
– Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
– At least a Master’s degree in Economics and Development, Development Study,
Entrepreneurship, and related field.
– At least 5 years of experience in mobile application development, business
analysis, and consultant and business management
-Proven experiences in business research and proposal plan
– Proven of experience working with the private sector engagement, NGO or public
sector, and institutions or similar positions
Application and Information
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV/resume including a proposed
budget for the assignment and send it firstname.lastname@example.org before or no later than 30th
June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further processes.
|Type of Employment||Full-time|