The Center of Excellence Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) founded by Royal University of Agriculture (RUA), a leading agricultural university in Cambodia, in partnership with Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab (SIIL) at Kansas State University. CE SAIN aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. To fulfil our goal, CE SAIN partners with several national and international entities (public and private sector and NGOs) to implement our activities in several provinces in Cambodia through various funding sources.
CE SAIN is currently seeking a full-time (1) Program Officer
Terms of Reference (ToR): Program Officer
Position Title: Program Officer
Location: Royal University of Agriculture (Phnom Penh) with travel to provinces
Reporting: Program Manager
Salary range: Commensurate with degree and experience ($500-$750/month)
Contract: Probationary period of three months; yearly contract based on performance.
Summary: The program officer (PO) in conjunction with other members of the Operations Program Unit to administer and monitor the progress of CE SAIN’s existing programs. PO assists Program Manager (PM) in coordinating the submission of reports beneficiaries and uploading into the system for documentation of M&E purpose. PO also assistants PM to coordinate the lecture series, workshop, meetings and other events.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor the progress of Thesis Research Support Program, Scholarship Program, and Lecture Series Program.
- Assist PM in reviewing the reports from projects/partners/scholars (annual/semi-annual/quarterly/monthly) to ensure the quality, punctuality, and compliance with donors’ requirements.
- Regularly update data on Piestar and Google drive
- Maintain partnership with implementing partners (managing the MoA and contracts) and faculties, research grantees and scholars
- Collaborate with the communication team to produce case studies of scholars, thesis and research grantees, and other materials available for promoting and reporting purposes.
- Work closely with thesis and research grantees and scholars for coordinating the progress reports
- Assist PM in consolidating the monthly work plan from CE SAIN staff, coordinate staff monthly meeting. And other internal training and workshop for staff capacity development purpose.
- Proactive and professional communication with staff and stakeholders
- Assist PM and Project Coordinators (PCs) and work closely with PM&E unit in developing the tools to measure the project progress and/or data collection,
- Assist PM and PM&E unit in project evaluations and audits,
- Assist PM in monitoring the projects/scholars/thesis and research grantees’ progress against the donors and CE SAIN’s agreement
- Manage projects/scholars’ documents both soft and hard copies for the M&E purpose
- Quarterly monitor project/program outputs in accordance with the M&E frameworks of the projects/scholars
- Assist PM/DM in proposal writing
- Coordinate national and international conferences organized by CE SAIN
- Represent CE SAIN and participate in relevant meetings at the national level as agreed with the PM
- Assist PM/DM/HR & Admin Officer in coordinating knowledge sharing and learning platform
- Other duties as assigned by the CE SAIN
- Master’s degree in Business Management, International Development, Development Studies, Sociology, or related fields with knowledge about agriculture or bachelor’s degree with at least three years of professional work experience.
- Dynamic professional with experience in project management, budget management and reporting.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project cycle management best practices.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good Experience in collaboratively working with and through partner organizations and government departments for project implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of capacity building and training development strategy.
- Ability to coordinate the events with both local and international partners
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate various responsibilities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate in the public environment effectively.