The Center of Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) is looking for a Project Officer who will assist the Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Project Coordinator and Program Manager to implement project activities, planning, coordination and collaboration, reporting and communications in order to achieve the project objectives.
The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects and using its learning and experience to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and internal entities.
Based on the expansion of our activities, CE SAIN is looking for dynamic and passionate professionals to join our team in a position as follow:
Position Title : Project Officer
Location : Royal University of Agriculture (Phnom Penh) with travel to provinces
Reporting : F2F Project Coordinator
Citizenship : Cambodian
Salary : Commensurate with degree and experience ($400 to $600/month)
Contract : Probationary period of three months; yearly contracts based on performance
The Project Officer will assist the Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Project Coordinator and Program Manager to implement project activities, planning, coordination and collaboration, reporting and communications in order to achieve the project objectives. The S/he will work with the Farmer-to-Farmer project team at the Royal University of Agriculture, Center of Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN), and the University of Tennessee. S/he will report to their direct supervisor, Project Coordinator, and work under the supervision of the Program Manager at CE SAIN. Due to the time difference with the United States, the Project Officer will need to have a flexible schedule, including participating in meetings after regular business hours. S/he must also be able to travel within Cambodia to develop and support activities with host-organizations and U.S. and Cambodian experts.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Coordinator to recruit Cambodian organizations to host American and Cambodian agricultural extension agents, researchers and practitioners for 2 to 3-week volunteer assignments
- Assist the Project Coordinator to support host-organizations to gather information and develop scopes of work for volunteer assignments that contribute to the improved income and nutrition for Cambodian farmers
- Scopes of work describe the specific technical assistance and activities that the host-organization has requested from the F2F volunteers
- Assist the Project Coordinator to arrange and facilitate meetings with partners/potential partners and stakeholders
- Assist the Project Coordinator with logistic arrangements
- Assist the CE SAIN Finance Manager in planning, documenting and tracking expenditures related to the Farmer-to-Farmer project
- Assist the Project Coordinator with verbal and written translation in Khmer and English
- Assist the Project Coordinator to collect the data and write reports for the donor, Partners of the Americas, and partner, the University of Tennessee
- Other tasks assigned by Project Coordinator and Program Manager
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Business administrative or other related field
- 3+ years of experience in project implementation, agricultural extension, education, human resources and/or other relevant fields
- At least one year experience in compiling financial reports and/or managing budgets
- Experience supporting USAID-funded programming is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relations with community-based organizations, NGO partners and international donor agencies
- Ability to travel to field sites and engage rural communities in participatory planning and training activities
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in English
- Fluency in Khmer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter referring the position applied by closing date below to firstname.lastname@example.org.