The Center of Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with the private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and international entities.
Under the CE SAIN Scholarship Program, we are offering a scholarship for a master’s degree study to conduct research under a theme “Participatory Assessment of Agricultural Technology Parks for Technology Demonstration and Extension Platforms”.
Location : Royal University of Agriculture (Phnom Penh) with travels to provinces
Citizenship : Cambodian
Stipend : 300$/month (Tuition fee and research costs will be covered.)
Duration : two years – full time basis
Since 2016, CE SAIN has established seven Agricultural Technology Parks (ATPs) under collaboration with partners such as universities, high schools, government institutions, and research institute. The objective of ATPs is to demonstrate new and promising agricultural technologies and strategies within the context of smallholder production system, attract private sector participation in research and farmer networks and to organize innovation fairs, field days, and workshops. Currently, there are 29 technologies being showcased at the ATPs, which have been accessed by about 5,000 visitors. However, to what extent this leaning platform and technologies reach out to the community has not been studied. Under the current research topic, the scholar will be responsible for developing and implementing research activities to assess the effectiveness of agricultural technology transfer through ATPs as perceived by farmers, private sectors, and extension agents in Cambodia. The scholar may enroll in a master’s degree program in Agricultural Extension, Development Studies, or related majors.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Consolidate the key achievements of ATPs in the last 5 years.
- Conduct interviews with various stakeholders to understand their perception regarding the use and effectiveness of ATPs in technology transfers and gain their opinion to improve this technology transfer model.
- Analyze and evaluate the results.
- Report and communicate the study results in seminars, conferences, scientific publications, and thesis.
- Provide support to CE SAIN’s activities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or agriculture-related disciplines
- Good understanding of sustainable intensification technologies and extension models
- Knowledge and working experience in impact assessment
- Be familiar with qualitative data collection and analyses
- Good interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and time management skills
- Good communication skills both oral and written (English and Khmer).
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume, cover letter, and academic interest referring the scholarship applied by closing date below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: February 11, 2022.
|Type of Employment||Full-time|