The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims
to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on
enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University
of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable
Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been
implementing various programs and projects and using its learning and experience to capture
best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security
and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship
through partnership with national and internal entities.
Terms of Reference (ToR): Communications Officer (1 Post)Position Title: Senior Communications Officer
Location: Royal University of Agriculture (Phnom Penh) with travel to provinces
Reporting: Development Manager
Salary range: Commensurate with degree and experience (US$650 to
Contract: Probationary period of three months; yearly contracts based on
Summary: The Senior Communications Officer (SCO) works under the direct supervision of
the Development Manager and technical guidance of Center Director in producing strategic
communications and management skills to advance the mission of CE SAIN programs/projects
including communications materials for marketing and extension activities. S/he will build
good relationship with multi-stakeholders, local and international institutions, private
companies/suppliers and line government officials, and be the face of CE SAIN who properly
handles with media and communications activities folds under the prior guidance and
consultation with s/he line manager. S/he will ensure the effective and efficient
implementation of CE SAIN communications and ensuring on-going production and
dissemination of high-quality content that raises the profile of CE SAIN activities and its
– Ensure CE SAIN and Donor’s visibilities and branding are properly implemented
– Produce marketing and extension materials for CE SAIN
– Professionally handle with the media, communications and public for all events
– Increase the reputation of CE SAIN among international and local
organizations/institutions, government ministries and private sectors who actively work
in the area of sustainable agricultural intensification and nutrition activities.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement targeted communication plan including
communications strategies on various sustainable agricultural development themes
under current CE SAIN programs/projects.
- Lead and coordinate the overall communications work of CE SAIN including social media
and website, publications, branding materials, events to ensure the visibility and
branding of CE SAIN are regularly updated and properly maintained.
- Organize and promote increased awareness through orientation meetings on CE SAIN
visibility and branding requirement to employment staff and relevant stakeholders and
continue to coach and mentor them to ensure they are fully applied follow donor
branding and guidelines.
- Use appropriate means of communication to convey messages to the public and seek
inputs from Development Manager and Center Director
- Produce marketing materials (CE SAIN factsheet, booklet, success stories, testimony,
articles, leaflet, etc.). extension materials (technical leaflet, short video clip, etc.) and
best agricultural management practices to share with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare press release, media information package and welcome package in
consultation with RUA/SIIL and donors, and possible to advise his or her line manager
on press engagement.
- Prepare and disseminate of project news/articles and monthly newsletters on CE SAIN
- Prepare and disseminate of materials for marketing and awareness raising campaigns,
including briefing materials and press releases.
- Build good relationship with multi-stakeholders such as International Organizations, line
ministries, faculty or institutions, private sector and project beneficiaries under CE SAIN
- Represent Development Manager in the meeting or workshop as per requested
- Ensure all data related to visibility, branding and materials of CE SAIN are properly
secured and distributed.
- Implement other tasks assigned by CE SAIN.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Communications, Media Management, Mass Media
Communications, Marketing or other related fields.
- At least two-year experiences in relevant roles
- Proven track record on video production/edition, digital camera technologies and their
- Proven track record in the design of various promotional format, writing articles and
- Excellent interpersonal and team player.
- Knowledge of agriculture sector in Cambodia
- Strong computer skill and knowledge of digital presentations
- Demonstrated ability to handle multi-tasks with a tight deadline.
- Creative on design and well familiar with social media platforms including graphic
- design, video editing software, other application platform and willing to learn something
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Good communication skills both oral and written (English and Khmer)..
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter
referring to the position to CE SAIN via firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2022.
For further information, please contact us via 023-6365-226 or email@example.com
CE SAIN would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be
contacted for an interview.
|Type of Employment||Full-time|