Job Title : Short-term Project Officer
Location : Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh with travels to provinces
Citizenship : Cambodian
Salary Range : $600 – $700 / month
Contract : 6 months (with possible extension)
The Center Excellence on Sustainable Agricultural Intensification and Nutrition (CE SAIN) aims to foster private sector innovation, agricultural research, education and training, and public-sector capacity building through improved collaboration and knowledge sharing focusing on enhancing food and nutritional security in Cambodia. Founded in 2016 by the Royal University of Agriculture and Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification at Kansas State University through the support from USAID, CE SAIN has been implementing various programs and projects to capture best management practices and promote expertise, innovations in agriculture, food security and nutrition as well as engage with private sector to promote agricultural entrepreneurship through partnership with national and international entities.
CE SAIN in partnership with University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA) through financial support from USAID Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program is implementing Cambodian Sustainable Intensification Farmer-to-Farmer Program (F2F) with the goal to strengthen smallholder farmers, farmer organizations, and agriculture institutions’ capacity to sustainably intensify the food system. We are promoting the integration and productivity of vegetables, fruit, and livestock in food systems in Cambodia through short-term exchanges between skilled American volunteers and farmers, farm groups, agribusinesses, NGOs, and universities. These exchanges place American volunteers with Cambodian host-organizations for two-week assignments to respond to local requests for technical assistance. The F2F Cambodia Program pursues a strategy of “sustainable intensification” that builds on existing agriculture practices in Cambodia, resulting in increased income and improved nutrition for farm families.
The Short-term Project Officer will assist the whole project activities mainly in logistics, facilitation, translation, media, and follow-up to the host organizations of F2F volunteers during the pre- and post-assignments
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Main Responsibility 1: Assist the international volunteers at the field
- Provide daily translation during assignments of volunteers
- Coordinate the training
- Keep good communication between the host organizations and volunteers
- Main responsibility 2: Conduct the Impact Assessment of the Hosts
- Assess the host during the baseline survey
- Follow up the host during volunteer assignment
- Assess the progress and challenge of the agricultural practices at the host after the volunteer’s assignment
- Main responsibility 3: Media work
- Take photos of the activities
- Communicate with CE SAIN team to share the F2F activities on social media platforms
- Archive and organize the photos of all the volunteer’s assignments
- Main Responsibility 4: Field Security Focal Point
- Assess the location for a volunteer’s placement (Accommodation, transportation, restaurant, commune council, police office, hospital, etc.)
- Assist the volunteers whenever they have any issues during their assignments
- Other tasks assigned by CE SAIN
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture-related fields
- Basic computer literacy
- Good command in English
- Experience in field work is a plus
- Good communication is a plus
- Commitment: Commits to the job and puts in effort to meet deadlines.
- Willing to Learn: Able to profit by experience and learn from mistakes.
- Stress Management: Ability to control stress through reacts positively to pressure and handles extra workload competently.
- Team Work: Works well as a team player and contributes to team spirit and works collaboratively and respectively with colleagues and team.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively and interact very well across the organizations, stakeholders, and others.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate ideas and expressions well, whether spoken or written.
- Integrity: Displays honesty, trustworthiness, sense of duty and dependability.
- Problem Solving: Ability to find better resolutions for any key issues, disagreement, and conflict.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their current resume and cover letter referring to the position to CE SAIN via firstname.lastname@example.org by September 08, 2022
For further information, please contact us via 023-6365-226 or email@example.com
CE SAIN would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|Type of Employment||Full-time|